TEL:602.441.4464 • FAX:602.441.0203 • EMAIL: email@example.com
Dr. Ann Hammi Blue D.D.S., M.S., P.C.
Her Experience and Qualifications
Ann Hammi Blue, D.D.S., M.S. is a Diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology and has practiced in the specialty of Periodontics and Dental Implants for over 14 years. She graduated from the University of California, San Diego with a B.A. in Biochemistry/Cell Biology in 1991 and obtained her D.D.S. degree from the University of California, Los Angeles School of Dentistry in 1996. Following her general dental training, Dr. Blue moved to Dallas, Texas to study at the prestigious Baylor College of Dentistry-TAMUSand earned her Certificate in Periodontology and a Master of Science degree in Oral Biology in 1999.
Following her residency, she remained in Dallas, Texas and practiced in private practice while her husband completed his schooling. During this time, she also became the Assistant Director and a Clinical Instructor for the graduate periodontics department at Baylor College of Dentistry-TAMUS and taught and lectured to both undergraduate dental students and graduate periodontics residents prior to moving to Phoenix.
In 2000, Dr. Blue completed a lengthy process of board certification attaining diplomate status awarded by the American Board of Periodontology thus achieving the highest level of recognition and certification for dental specialists in the fields of periodontology, implantology and oral plastic surgery.
Dr. Blue maintained a large private practice limited to periodontics and dental implants in Phoenix for 7 years; she sold her busy periodontal practice in 2008 to join her husband in Las Vegas while he completed an orthodontic residency. Upon returning to Phoenix, Dr. Blue started her current practice limited to periodontics and dental implants in 2010. Dr. Blue has been very active in the local and national periodontal societies, and is currently serving as Liason to the American Board of Periodontology for Arizona, Treasurer to the Arizona Society of Periodontology and as Arizona Representative for the Western Society of Periodontology. She is also an Oral Conscious Sedation Examiner for the state of Arizona.
Dr. Blue grew up in San Diego, California and met her husband, Dr. Dan Blue, during her periodontics residency at Baylor College of Dentistry-TAMUS in Dallas, Texas. Dr. Dan is a dual-trained, orthodontist and prosthodontist, and has two practices limited to orthodontics for children and adults. She and her husband are the proud parents of three bright and energetic young children. They enjoy living an active lifestyle in Phoenix and take advantage of the many opportunities available to them. The Blues enjoy many activities including cooking, and you can find them on most evenings taking a walk with their children. When not busy with her family or her practice (a rare occurrence these days), Dr. Ann also enjoys reading and browsing through antique stores.
Professional Memberships and Societies
- American Academy of Periodontology
- Diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology (2000)
- Arizona Society of Periodontology
- Western Society of Periodontology
- American Dental Association
- Psi-Omega Dental Fraternity
Honors and Awards
- Phoenix Magazine Top Dentist: 2012
- Phoenix Magazine Top Dentist: 2008
- Phoenix Magazine Top Dentist-featured in magazine: 2007
- Phoenix Magazine Top Dentist: 2006
- Konrad and Clara Lux Scholarship: 1997
- Bettye Whiteaker Scholarship: 1996, 1997
- Hortense Fishbaugh Scholarship
- Honors in Operative Dentistry, Pharmacology/Dental Therapeutics, Fixed Prosthodontics, Preclinical Fixed/Ceramics, Clinical Temporalmandibular Joint Disorders, Clinical Preventive Dentistry and in Microbiology: 1992-1996
- American Dental Association Scholarship: 1992
- Phi Beta Kappa: 1991
- Cum Laude: 1991
- Provost’s Honor List: 1987, 1989, 1990 and 1991